Monday 16 September 2019

Decoupage On Bottle!

Hello Everyone,

Arpita here,I am back with another fun project using a fun technique and this painting technique is one of my Favourite's.So Today I have Altered Decoupage Bottle with a step by step tutorial.

 Step 1

I start with priming my bottle with Snow White Chalk Paint using a dauber.Have given 2 coats of the paint to have a even coverage ,always remember to let the 1st coat dry completely before you apply your 2nd coat.


Step 2

Using the Dry Brush Technique I painted my surface altering between the colors Bubblegum Pink , Moss Green , Midnight Dreams and a shades of Brown paint till I achieved my desired color.

Dry Brush Technique is where you take very little paint its almost like no paint and with light hand you run your brush on the surface building up the color with repeating this step till you achieve your desired color.
* Do not hurry this process by taking too much paint  on your brush,you need to be patient and use light hand to achieve this look.


Step 3

I choose the print I wanted to use and cut them in a oval shape to fit the bottle.I stuck them using the Decoupage glue.Also gave a top coat using the same Decoupage glue.

Step 4

To make a Victorian style frame around my picture,made some embellishments using the air dry clay.I first covered them with black gesso and coloured them with Prima art Alchemy Wax  Rose Gold, Lucky Emerald, Vintage Gold.Once the coloring was done I stuck my clay embellishments around my picture .



Step 5 

Finally did some stenciling on the other 2 sides of the bottle with texture paste and coloured them with Vintage gold art alchemy wax.Added a few splatters  for a little extra texture.

Here is the final picture...







Materials Used

Chalk Paints


Thank you for stopping by...
Happy Crafting!!!
Arpita Tornal






No comments:

Post a Comment

Decoupage on Terracotta Pot