Sunday 17 February 2019

Decorative Key Holder & Bottle( MASKING TAPE TECHNIQUE )

Hello My Crafty Friends...

Arpita here,today I will be sharing a project with you all today which I made using a technique which I have been wanting to try for a while,also have a video tutorial for the same @ the end of this post.

So here is what I made...






Brief  Tutorial

1.Have given 2 coats of  Lyrical Birdy chalk paints firstly.
2 Once the paint was dry I cut down the Mask It Up tape into 1inch strips and stuck them in parallel lines on my base .
3. For a second color I choose the Dark Shadow chalk paint and let the paint dry completely.once dry I slowly removed the masking tape which let the lyrical birdy color show beautifully and made a lovely pattern.
4. Finally to add a little interest did some stenciling with Jingle Bell & Silent Night Shimmer Paste.For this I choose the Flower wines Stencil..

Bottle Tutorial

For My bottle i stamped the image from Hello Stamp set on the mask it up tape,fussy cut the image and stuck them on a clean bottle.the used the same shades of chalk paints to add color.once was happy with the coloring and my paints were completely dryI slowly removed the tape and I was done .* While working on the bottle its a little tougher to remove the masking tape.be very slow and gentle,if you are still finding it hard take a blade and run it on the edge of the pattern slowly and it will make it easy to remove the masking tape.

*To see the material list and the complete process visit my Youtube channel.




Thankyou for stopping by...
Arpita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Decoupage on Terracotta Pot